A place to post images, updates, and links for Grey School classes.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

GM 101- Class Materials


Above: Green altar submitted by Nefabit, for "Green Magick 101."

Nefabit writes:

"I decided I would like to keep my altar simple. Cluttered altars get on my nerves. For instance, my main altar, which is in my room, simply has two candles (of color corresponding to my goals or emotions of the time) an offering plate, a dragon statue and elemental representations. So I thought about what I wanted to do for the green one. I know I wanted it to be outside, and that made some restrictions. I can't have anything that will blow away (we always have high winds here) or be damaged by rain and sun. So that required something even more simple. So I started by going out back and finding one of the flat volcanic rocks that was in our garden. I found a nice one that was about ten inches across, and then selected four smaller ones. I got my colored pencils (they are waterproof) and drew the symbol my Mom and I have come up with, that is waaaay to intricate and involved to even begin to describe here. Then I drew elemental symbols on the smaller ones, and placed them around the main altar. I decided to place the setup on the side of my house near my garden. (Which is very small - just potatoes, tomatoes, nasturtiums and dill) The place was sheltered and shady, and so served as a good place to setup. I may add more to it later. For instance, if I find a nice branchy stick, I may stick it in the ground and decorate it with seasonal objects. I'll look for one today before I take the picture to send to Professor Moonwriter. ^_^ "

Symbols for the Earth element (below):


Symbol of the Air element (below):


Symbol of the Fire element (below


Symbol for the Water element (below):


Symbol for infinity:


Symbol for yin-yang:






No comments: